Ok, one would think when one is honoured with an award, one would remember to blog about it. That is, of course, unless one is me (I think my brain is turning to mush).
My dear blogging buddy, Kate at Did That Just Happen has awarded me not one, but TWO awards. I am so flattered, I’m blushing.*. The problem is these awards come with rules. I’m not always so good with rules, so I’m just going to make it up as I go along.
The first award is the WordPress Family Award.
This is an award for everyone who is part of the “WordPress Family.” A blogger named Shaun started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken him in, and showed him love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes him. He has been given many awards, but he wanted to leave his own legacy on here by creating his own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family.
So first I am to acknowledge the giver of the award (see above). Then I am to award the award (tongue twister) to 10 other WordPress bloggers. The problem here is I don’t keep up with 10 blogs and Kate already acknowledged some of the blogs I read. So, being the “weird Canadian” (Kate’s description) that I am, I’m just going to name some of my favourite WordPress reads and ignore the rules (’cause that’s just how I roll).
1. Single Working Mom – I’ve been reading Kasey’s blog for almost 2 years and I love her sense of fun and playfulness. She is a woman of immense gratitude and love and it shows in her writing. Nothing matters more to her than family so I think this award is fitting for her.
2. Attention Deficit Whatever – Jonathan is a fabulous writer who shares his personal journey as and adult with ADHD. This topic fascinates me and I love to read about his progress and set backs with mental health. I also love the little “squirrel” type posts (they resemble my ramblings) that pop up in my inbox once in a while. Always quirky.
3. BarnYarn is another fav. Tina lives not far from where I do though we’ve yet to meet in person (I have been promised a strawberry social next year though – yummy). Tina blogs about her exploits on the farm and her loving husband, Albert. Having grown up in a rural community I find her stories most amusing and very nostalgic.
The other blogs I read all belong to friends (or Kate already nominated them) and they only post every 6 months or so, so I don’t think it’s fair to include them.
The second award is the Super Sweet Blog Award (who knew the Madhouse was sweet??).
1. Thanks the blogger than nominated you – thanks again to Kate at Did That Just Happen? You are spoiling me with accolades.
2. Answer 5 super-sweet questions listed below.
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your post – absotively, I love have pretty awards on my blog.
4. Nominate a Baker’s Dozen (13) other deserving bloggers (I’m stealing Kate’s since I don’t have 13 blogs)
5. Notify Super Sweet nominees on their blog.
1. Cookies or Cake?
– Cookies. I love peanut butter cookies (and the dough – yum, yum), chocolate chip, oatmeal, Oreo, Fudge cookies, haystacks (you know, the ones with coconut, oatmeal, cocoa and enough sugar to give a horse diabetes? I love them soooooo much).
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
– Chocolate!! Always chocolate. Unless I’m mixing it with fruit then it’s vanilla.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat?
– Um, did I mention chocolate?? Or maple syrup. I drink maple syrup. Or butter tarts. I love butter tarts.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most?
– All the time. Twice as much when I’m tired and 10 times as much during a special time (ladies, I know you understand).
5. Sweet Nick Name?
– I don’t really have any nick names, but if I did I think I’d like sweetheart the most.
Now time for the nominees – please take a minute and visit their sites, you might find that you have a new blog to enjoy! (I plagiarized this entire list from Kate. I’m glad she lives in Texas and won’t show up on my doorstep to give me a whoppin’)
- Motherhood is an art – Three kids that keep you totally entertained!
- The Irish Wench – We are new to each other, but she’s been so sweet!!
- Graced by Emilie – Mother of 2, including one “yucky boy”.
- Fortuitous (all four of them) – With four, you never know what you will get!
- 3 Chic Geeks (all three of them!) – Totally there to let my inner nerd out!
- Surviving the Madhouse – One of the most awesome and honest blogs out there! (I’m blushing)
- Grow, Glow, Go – I’m new to her, but have loved how open and sweet she is!
- Raising 5 kids with disabilities and remaining sane – seriously, name says it all!
- The Top 10 of Anything and Everything – mainly cause I’d love to see his blog about all of the blogger awards!
- My Journey to Live an Authentic Life – Always entertaining and willing to share her life
- Looking Inward with Lily – her Wordless Wednesday’s are the best part of my day!
- Waiting on a Word – cracks me up frequently, and she does the WP challenges which I’ve been too scared to try!
- Insert your blog here! I have so many more bloggers that I follow – and enjoy reading – I just can’t pick a 13th person. So, feel free to grab this and state that I nominated you for it!
That’s it for today and don’t forget to check out the other blogs. You may find one almost as good as the Madhouse (tooting my own horn a bit right there).