A few months ago my dear blogging friend Single Working Mother honoured the Madhouse with the LOL Award. Obviously, she finds the Madhouse amusing, as I hope many of you do too. I didn’t post it right away because I wasn’t feeling very LOL-y (me and Dr. Seuss – making up words because we can). Actually, I was really struggling. The truth is, I’m still struggling, but I’ve decided to LOL anyway!!
Did you know there are rules when you receive a blog award? Well, there are. Here are the LOL award rules.
- Post the LOL (laugh out loud, for you non-texters out there) badge on your blog
- Write a post that includes the following: a) a thank you to the person who gave you the award (include a link to their blog) b) a clean joke or limerick (just look one up and copy it into your post if you don’t know one- it can even be a knock knock joke!) c) a list of five other blogs (linked) that you’re giving the award to- so we can find more laughs
- Notify the five other blogs that you’ve given them the award and explain to them that they need to copy and paste these instructions on their blog… and complete them
Post the badge – check.
Write a post with a thank you – Thanks, SWM for all your support. <hugs>
A clean joke or limerick – (I’m substituting a picture, because I like pictures)
5 other blogs:
1. All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something – Another Canadian (We rock) mommy who also deals with MHIs
2. Attention Deficit Whatever – College prof who is just starting his journey to wellness with ADHD
3. Barnyarn – A local farmgirl who shares stories of rural living (I must admit, I’m a tad jealous of her. Out there in the open air….)
4. Becoming Cliche – This lady has a fantastic sense of humour and sees everything through turtle-coloured glasses (you really gotta read to understand)
5. Best of Fates – I’m new to this one, but she seems pretty quirky and I admire quirky.
Now I just have to notify them and it’s all goooood. Hope you get a few chuckles looking the other blogs, I know I LOL with them.