It’s Valentine’s Day!! Not exactly the favourite holiday of single moms everywhere. I can’t say it’s my fav either since I have no romantic love interest in my life at this point in time. However, not one to focus on what I don’t have it’s time to focus on what I do have!!
- One amazing daughter who continues to grow (despite my orders not to), expand her knowledge and gain wisdom.
- One slightly hyper-active son who had a huge breakfast of eggs and toast this morning (can you say weight gain?) and is all ready for school 15 mins ahead of schedule.
- One super mom who is not only a loving Grammie, but who has given freely of her time and effort while I’ve been healing.
- One very generous brother who, along with his beautiful fiancee, continue to bring light and love into my life.
- Two amazing pets, Jake and Mitty, who provide unconditional love daily to all the inhabitants of the Madhouse, even each other (watching the cat clean the dog is one of my favourite forms of entertainment)
- An amazing team of counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, doctors and mental health professionals.
- A supportive pastor and church family.
- Friends, both online and in person, who make me smile and bring joy and laughter into my day.
- Great readers who continue to encourage and support me through The Madhouse.
That’s a lot of love to be grateful for this February 14th!!